Thursday, March 6, 2008

Menu System, Continued

Okay, the menu system is coming a long nicely. I've got it displaying on the screen where I want it, and it is doing the collision detection work to select options with the mouse and keyboard. I'll save the events for tomorrow.

The only change to the below code is that you have to pass the Game class when you create the menu (I've created the menu system as a DrawableGameComponent):

menu = new Menu(this);


I'm using a bitmap font class that I got here to do the work of displaying the text. The only problem I can see with using this class is that it will force me into a certain font... It's pretty well designed though, so it has made it a lot easier to get going. I'll have to visit different fonts later. Right now, Times New Roman is my best friend.

No comments: